Why Fred Astaire Dance Studio Pasadena St.Petersburg?
Because an atmosphere of kindness, warmth and fun awaits you at our studio! It’s what people tell us they notice from the first time they step inside – an energy and sense of a “Dance Family” that is welcoming 100% non-judgmental, and truly joyful!
Our passion is helping to enrich lives – physically, emotionally, socially and mentally – through the positive and transforming power of dance. There are thousands of reasons why people start dance lessons… and once we show you how much fun ballroom dancing can be, we know you’ll want to keep coming back. Whether you are looking for wedding dance instruction, improving your social life, a new hobby or a way to connect with your partner… FADS St.Petersburg-Pasadena has it all!
Our nationally certified instructors paired with our teaching method ensures a quick learning process that will make you feel comfortable and confident on the dance floor in no time!
What Dances Do We Teach?
We offer many different Ballroom, Latin, and Social dances at Fred Astaire Pasadena Saint Petersburg.
Our most popular dances include:
Salsa, Swing, Bachata, Merengue, Mambo, Cha-Cha, Rumba, Night Club 2-Step, Hustle, West Coast Swing, Argentine Tango, Foxtrot, Line Dance, Waltz, Wedding Dance Lesson & More
Our Teaching Method
Private lessons (1-on-1 instruction) give you the specialized and personalized attention to look and feel confident on the dance floor, while developing the ability to lead or follow any partner. We move at your pace, perfecting and polishing your dancing all the while!
Group classes complement your private lessons, because this is where patterns, technique, and style are learned. Group classes also enable you to meet other students with similar dancing goals, develop balance, and learn the mechanics of dancing.
Regularly scheduled practice parties complete the information taught in your private lessons and group classes. At Fred Astaire Dance Studios’ practice parties, we turn down the lights, turn up the music, and enjoy time dancing with different people in a relaxed social setting. Practice parties help you “put it all together”, aid with music identification, and help you learn how not to run into other people on the dance floor. Practice parties are a great (& FUN!) way to apply what you’re learning.
All classes offered can be taken as a single student or as a couple!
Our Curriculum: The Fred Astaire Trophy System
• Start with 1 (30) minute introductory private lessons. During your first lesson, we will introduce you to different popular social dances and help you decide what dances and styles you would like to learn going forward!
• The Beginner Program will teach you the basic dance steps of the popular social dances and will help you choose the dances you'd like to concentrate on in the next program.
• The Social Foundation Program is your first totally customized and planned program, based on your favorite dances. After this program, you will be able to "hold your own" in most social dancing situations!
• The Bronze Program (where most of our students are) is the level that you gain confidence in your dancing with any partner, to any type of music, on any size floor. After completing this program you will truly be a good social dancer.
• The Silver & Gold Programs are for students who wish to take their dancing to the next level. Enjoy performing, competitions, showcases, exhibitions, and more!